Wednesday 2 July 2014

MORE DESCRIPTIONS!


                                         WHAT AM I ???

I am a kind of bird who can’t fly. I am an endangered bird. I hope to spread across New Zealand again.

I have feathers. The colour of my feathers is brown. My skin is pink. My eyes are brown and my bill is orange. The feathers on me are shaggy.

The sound that I make is usually grunting or squeaking. Otherwise I make noisy sounds like whistling and meowing .When I get disturbed I make noisy growls.

You will find me in the North Island of New Zealand. Sometimes I’m found in Willow Bank. I am also found in the safe and protected bushes.

My enemies are cats, rats, stoats, ferrets and sometimes dogs. My main enemy is the possum. These animals like to attack me with their claws and eat my eggs.

 I like to eat living creatures like fresh water crayfish, snails, spider, cockroach, worms, beetles, grubs and larva grubs.  The plants I love to eat are coprosma, bush lewer, hirau, and kahitea.  Some plants are poisonous, so I have to be careful.

 During the day I sleep because I am a nocturnal mammal. I sleep in two burrows. The two burrows I sleep in are the shelter burrow and the underground burrow.

I am a wonderful native bird to the N.Z.

What am I ???

BY RUBY
 
WHAT AM I?
There are three species of me in the world. I have the biggest paws of my species. The male has bigger paws then the females. Between 400/500 are living in the Sumatran wild parks.
 My roar is so loud it can be heard two miles. My roar can scare off hunters sometimes. I look like a larger version than house cats and have soft fur. I like to swim but I don’t like to get my head wet.
I am a eleven feet tall twice as long as an average human being. Only 20/30 of us are living in South China. I can live in the wild parks which are protected. Sometimes we fight over the sleeping spots and it can cause serious injuries. I always hide in tall grass to hide away from hunters. I am the biggest cat in the world.
I am a carnivorous mammal with stripes.
What am I?                           
By Kian and Charlie.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. wow lovely describing I will try to figure these out

    ReplyDelete