Wednesday 2 July 2014

DESCRIPTION WE WROTE - WE WOULD LIKE TO SHARE SOME WITH YOU,


WHAT AM I

I am the tallest land animal on earth. My family all has unique skin patterns. I come from Africa but there are lots of us in zoos around the world.

I love eating leaves and shoots at the top of the trees.  My tong helps me to pull leaves from trees.  During the day  I spend most my time eating. I can eat about 45 kg of leaves a day.

I have skin covered knobs on top of my head.  My strong neck helps me to fight others by swinging it which shows strength.

I visit many schools in Christchurch to teach them about health. What am I?

BY JAMAL
 
What Am I?
I live in a cold, wet, icy place. When I am hungry I hunt in the water. I can sleep anywhere on land but usually prefer hot rock.
I smell like wet melted ice and look like a cotton ball that moves around. My white fur is actually white tubes that reflect sunlight. I can use my white fur for camouflage and to hide. I am a carnivore that normally eats seals, I rarely kill humans. I actually have black skin, fat body and a long neck. I have sharp claws to hunt with.
I am the largest land predator in the world. There   are about 25 to 45 thousand of my kind left in the world. When I am hot, I lie in ice and when ice is in my hair, it goes through my skin to cool me down.
Now in the world there is not enough for me, in fact 70 per cent of my species cubs die from starvation.
I am a mammal that can swim beneath ice.
What Am I?  
BY EVIE
 
 

1 comment: