Monday 2 June 2014

ABOUT ME



My name is Silupeafolaupeaumaioaotearoa Railynnetta Ilalio.As you  can see my name is terribly long so my friends and family usually call me Lynn or Railynnetta.

I was born and raised in the wonderful city of Christchurch and  I am full Samoan. I hail from the villages, Samatau and Vailima. After I was born ,my parents couldn’t decide to raise me in Samoa or New Zealand. So my parents, my older brother, Julio and I returned to Samoa. It didn’t work out for us in our homeland.

My parents thought that I would have a better life in New Zealand. I would’ve done the same because life in Samoa isn’t easy .Children come back from school crying. Discipline in Samoa is  valued, so if you did not do your homework in Samoa, you would be punished harshly, whereas in N.Z you would be excused most of the time.

So back we came to NZ just for me. Now because of this journey, my name means “A dove who flew from Samoa to New Zealand over sea and land” in English.

 I love attending my fabulous school ,St Anne’s Catholic ,which I am enjoying very much. My teacher, Mrs Reddy is great at teaching me about other cultures as well as mine.

I love it here in N.Z  which is  so much different than in  Samoa and   if it is going to get me a career in doctoring, I might as well stay.

1 comment:

  1. Great story Railynetta it got my atention. I love it so much.
    From:Mary-Jane.

    ReplyDelete