Thursday 7 November 2013

PARIHAKA DAY - PASSIVE RESISTANCE-PEACE!

PARIHAKA DAY AT ST ANNE’S

Recounts.
This morning when the bell rang we had to go and sit in the lunch circle. Mrs Parker told us when Our Lady Star of The Sea, a school from Sumner, would be coming. The Kapa haka group would sing a wiata to welcome them. After that there would be a liturgy where both Kapa haka groups would perform. This would be followed by a hangi or a sausage sizzle. I can’t wait.
 
When the visitors arrived, I found that my old friend, Monique went to that school. We had a great time chatting about what we’d been doing for the last few months since I last saw her. Beth knew her to, so it wasn’t like we were talking to complete strangers.
First we played noodle tag but it was so hot that none of us were trying very hard. After that we just talked until lunch time. We went up onto the fort but the boys wouldn’t leave us alone. We eventually gave up trying to fend off the boys so we talked where ever no one else was.
When the bell rang we went to sit in the lunch area to wait for the hangi and sausage sizzle to start. I had a sausage because I didn’t like the sound of hangi. My Great Aunt got food poisoning overseas from something like a hangi. Of course I didn’t want that to happen to me. I probably should have given it a go because loads of other people tried it and they didn’t get food poisoning.
After lunch it was time for Star of The Sea to leave. We thanked all the people who made this day possible to happen. Finally  we said goodbye to the school. I hope they come again  so I can catch up with my friends.      
By Grace         
                                                         
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday at 11 am our visitors came who were Our Lady Star of the Sea. They came for Parihaka Day. We welcomed them with a Maori song. Then we read a liturgy. The children from Our Lady Star of the Sea did a kapahaka performance. It was great. Next our kapahaka group did a song which was a waiata.
After the second session we went to the circle for lunch. Our visitors had lunch first and then we had our lunch. There was a hangi or a sausage sizzle . I had a sausage which was yum!
At the end of the afternoon the children and the teachers from Star of the Sea went back to school happy and so were we. What an awesome day it was!
                                                                                                                                          
Jamal

No comments:

Post a Comment