Wednesday 13 November 2013

MORE SE ZONES ATHLETIC NEWS-ROOM 5 PARTICIPANTS.


At 8.40am, we set off on the bus to Hansen’s Park to compete in the SE Zones Athletics Competition. Once we arrived at the park, we got out of the bus and we went to our sitting spot. We lay out the tarpaulin and put out our flag so we knew where our school was stationed. There was a man who told us about where everything was, and when the events  were  going to happen. The girls did the field events in the morning while the boys did in the afternoon. When all the events were over,we got back on the bus and came back to school. We all had a great time competing. 
  By Lingas
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
I went to 4 events - shot put, discus, high jump and relay. The first event I went to was the relay. I was the first one to run then it was Leo, Lingas and Jack. We came 3rd in the relay. The next event was the shot put and discus. Jack swain came with me. In the shot put I had came 4th and Jack came 15th. Later we moved onto discus. I think I had came 4th or 5th in discus. As soon as I finished my discus Jack went back and I moved onto high jump with my friend Lingas. When all of it was finished we got l our gear to return home.
 I did not make it to Canterbury finals but my brother and my cousin did. One day I hope that I will come first or second in an event.
By Laverton
_____________________________________________
My favourite activity was discus. The  first throw was really really bad. I warmed up and threw at the side netting. I was embarrassed but it was all okay. My second throw wasn’t that long. I might have come last but I still enjoyed it.                                            By  Finn
 
My best sport at zones was my 80 meter sprint because I tried my best even though I didn’t win. My friends were cheering for me which encouraged me to run harder. I had a great time and I am very proud of myself for trying.                                                        By Lilly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first event was a 60 metre sprint. I ran and I came second in the heats. When I did the final sprint, Jack and I got a tie at third to last. I also did high jump and long jump. We got third place in the relay. I had a great time competing with other children and going against some of my friends. I hope I make it to the zones next year so I get another chance at the Canterbury champs.                          
By Lingas
 
My favourite activity was the 1200 meter run where I came 5th.My goal next year is to compete  in high  jump and to do better in long jump.In the relays we came 3rd.At the end of the day we were all tired and puffed but we all had so much fun.
By Leo
___________________________________________________
 My best event was 80m sprint. All my friends were cheering for me to win which made nervous. I came fourth out of seven people. A kid from Sumner school won. It was the first time I went to the zones and it was an awesome experience.
By Ethan.

My events were long jump, shot put and relay. My best event was long jump because I am really good at it. All the jumpers there were really good and were positive towards each other. I did not go to the Centrals but I am still proud of myself.
By Jack
My favourite events was shot put and 80 metre sprint.In shot put I came 2# place but in the  sprint I came 4# place but  I tried my best . It was my lucky day because I’m in the Canterbury for shot-put.                         
By  Letone
__________________________________________________
 

No comments:

Post a Comment