Saturday 22 August 2015

GREAT TO BE BACK!

                                                                 Hi Everyone
I have had an amazing holiday overseas and have come back re-charged and full of energy. Looking forward to the rest of the term and would like to start by thanking Mrs Grant for taking very good care of my class and the students  have worked hard and enjoyed the Science theme. I shall try to put up some pictures about the slam.
We have started the week with preparations for our speeches and I have spoken to most parents about this when they  attended the interviews this week to discuss a learning plan their child for the rest of the year..Thank you for your time and support.
In Re we shall finish the God Strand before starting a major study on Social Justice which will culminate with our annual Mission Fair which is organised by our class.
Multiplication and Division are the main strands of study in Maths so I woud like you to help your child to memorise the times tables- as suggested in the mid-year reports.
Another major topic of study that starts next week is SEXUALITY EDUCATION and will be learning about "Life is Mysterious" – "Changing and Growing".We shall be going to  take part in some LIFE EDUCATION  lessons provided by HAROLD next Monday.
Reading and writing will be around the above topics and theme  but we shall have a close look at arguments.
I am looking forward to the speeches and the Mission Fair which are be our main highlights..Our  assembly is on Friday 4 September and we shall also have our class Mass at 12pm that day-you are warmly invited to join us.
PE lessons will be around large ball skills - I am  very impressed with the skills acquired by the students in soccer and netball over a short period time.
Please visit our blog regularly and the school weekly newsletter to know what is happening in R5 and at school.
Remember to contact me if you wish to discuss anything. Good news are very welcome.
God Bless you all.
Grace.

Here are some photos out of the hundreds I took-(Incuding SELFIES!).The children know  about most of my my adventures - I am sure they can talk about the photos.















1 comment:

  1. Looks like an amazing holiday. We are all pleased to see you back refreshed and ready to teach the class more exciting things.

    ReplyDelete