Wednesday 8 June 2011

South East Zones Cross Country - Thursday 9 June 2011

This morning all the runners who were competing in S.E zones drove to Ferrymead with Mr McInnes and some parents. Eva,  Melissa , Nadine,  Hoki, Thomas, Jackson and Tyler from Room 5 took part in this event.
Sixteen other schools competed in the big race. None of us came first but Jackson came eighth which was great!
Over all , everyone did well and no one came last. We hope that we will do better,  next year and try harder!



From left-Nadine Booster, Eva Verry, Melissa Burgess, Hoki Samuel.
Nadine - "I did the best I could -I almost slipped in the mud and fell".

Melissa - "Need more practise next year."

Eva  -  "It was really nerve wrecking for me."   
  
Hoki - "There were lots of good competitors who were hard to beat"




From left - Jackson Youngman, Tyler Mounty, Thomas Barrett-Walker
Jackson - "It was hard but I tried my best and came eighth".

Tyler - "It was awesome seeing friends from other schools"

Thomas - "The track was boring because it was  too flat ."


2 comments:

  1. Belinda Youngman23 June 2011 at 22:33

    Nice to see you have so many children that enjoyed the cross country. St Annes room 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo of Thomas, Jackson and Tyler


    Belinda Barrett-Walker

    ReplyDelete